The 2021 Hunt 1000 Contingency Route
With the possibility of the Hunt1000 being postponed due to border closures. I have come up with a contingency plan. Here are all the details I can offer you at this time. This page will be updated as we get closer.
What to know;
- Starting at Walcha, NSW between the same dates at the HUNT 1000 this year - the aim is to have a grand finish....so starting between the dates 20th - 27th of November. To finish in Walcha on the 4th of December.
- The route is still being worked on, it is called the New England High Country 1000 (or something like that) a short description ;
- Has greater amount of resupply than the HUNT1000 - stopping in the New England townships.
- Uses primarily country roads, and national parks.
- This route is not as heavy duty as the Hunt and I would say it has a greater rideable time ratio.
- This is a free event, there won't be money charged, there will be minimal planning on my part due to the idea that the HUNT1000 will be run. There will be a starting point, a map, an open invite to anyone, and a finishing point.
If you have any burning questions email me email@example.com and I can try and answer them.