What to Bring
We will be implementing a Covid Safety plan. So please abide by the friendly rules we all understand now, so we can have a great time and everyone can be safe and happy.
We will be camping on a TSR (Traveling Stock Reserve) in Yaouk.
You will need to bring your camping equipment so you can be dry and warm. What you bring is up to you, a bivvy, a tent, share something, a car to sleep in, choose your own adventure.
Meals will be supplied!
However this is to cater for an average appetite and if you go large then I suggest you bring some extra food. Adaminaby is only 30 minutes away if you need to stock up, it has a very nice bakery, a grocer and a pub.
All meals will be Gluten Free and Vegan.
Friday evening dinner
Saturday pre ride breakfast
Saturday evening meal
We will be camped beside the Murrumbidgee River. This is farm land, so your own drinking water is highly recommended. We will do our best to supply water for those who run out. Or if you are coming via car, bring extra water for your friends if you're feeling nice.
Some Alcohol will be floating around I am sure, but at this stage we don't have any plans to supply any. If you want to sink some - BYO at this stage. You can also enjoy the Snow Goose Pub at Adaminaby.
The upmost respect to the environment and land we will be using is expected. Please use whatever rubbish containers we will be providing or carry it out yourself. We will do our best to leave the land we are using in better shape than when we found it.
Any small or big help with this would be appreciated. We hope to be welcomed back with kisses and hugs (post covid).
If you have any questions or concerns about this info - shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com
For the Ride
This is an unsupported ride, and therefore no dedicated support on the route. As much information as possible will be supplied through the Ride With GPS route. Marking water sources, resupply and difficult terrain.
However you can prepare to be self supported by bringing;
- Spare tubes and repair kit
- Multi-tool including chain breaker
- Quick link
- Spare derailleur hanger
- Recommended minimum 2 litres of water during your ride + some water for camp. We will have a supply but it would be helpful if you are able to bring your own.
- Food for a big long day or riding. Breakfast and dinner will be supplied. Expect to be riding for at least 10 hours. You can peel off to Adaminaby for a snack on the first half of the ride, after that stop you will need to manage your bonks.
- Appropriate clothing - it's a long ride and you may be riding into the night so bring something layers, a rain jacket. It is still technically the Snowy Mountains and weather can be unpredictable. Historical November averages 7 degrees lows and highs of 20 degrees.
- Lights - Make sure you have well charged lights. Front, back and backups.
If you have any questions here or need help sourcing equipment get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com