Super Jambo Grom Pre 1000 km Bike Packing Adventure
The Super Jambo Grom Pre 1000km Self Supported Bike Packing Mis-Adventure
The Super Jambo Grom Pre XXX is a 1000 km route using the NEHC1000 route mapped out for New England High Country. The event starts and finishes in Walcha, NSW. 2022 was the first year this event took place and will be returning for 2024. Registration is now available with an early bird pricing.
The Grom Pre XXX is apart of the Super Jambo Grom Pre Event Series. A sporadic collection of events.
Read the thorough route description here - https://bikepacking.com/routes/nehc1000/
- Premium, quiet country road gravel
- Resupply in the high country towns
- Sleeping under the stars
- A beer in the country pubs
- A hike a bike section
- Riding the Bicentennial Trail
- Travelling through old growth rainforest and National parks
- Be prepared for hot weather - while this is the high country and lower summer temps are expected. It is still hot and sunny Australia. Bring your Zinc and hydralite.
- Be prepared for storms and weather changes. Weather in the high country can be unpredictable.
- Treat your drinking water - This is cattle grazing country, the rivers will need filtration systems or tablets.
- Snakes - Keep an eye out for sunbaking snakes.
- Camping will be marked out on the bought version of the route this will have specific camping, hut, and accomodation locations.
Food and Water
- Food - food resupply are roughly every two days or less. Plan accordingly. The bought version of the route will have food resupply marked on GPX file.
- Water - treat all water before drinking. Reliable water can be up to 100km apart. Water will be marked on the bought route GPX.
- Pub meals - will be marked on the bought version of the route.
- General Stores - will be marked on the bought version of the route.
If you have questions email me at email@example.com